2024 First-Generation Student Scholarship
Are you a first-generation student
enrolled, or about to enroll, at a trade school, college, or university and
need assistance covering educational expenses?
Qualifications for a
first-generation student require your parent(s) to have not attended or
completed a 4-year college or university degree (regardless of other family
members’ level of education).
Editor World LLC (“Editor
World”) is pleased to announce its offering of a scholarship in 2024 to provide
aid with books, supplies, or anything else a student may need to cover their
educational expenses. The 2024 Scholarship shall be in the amount
of $500.00 USD to be paid toward the educational program of your
To apply for the Editor World
2024 Scholarship, applicants should complete the application form in full and
submit a 300-word essay on what motivates you to complete your certification or
degree. Terms and Conditions, with rules and exclusions apply.
General Terms and Conditions
By applying for the Editor World
2024 scholarship, you agree to these terms:
- To be awarded a scholarship, a recipient must be enrolled or have entered pre-enrollment at an accredited trade school, college, or university in the United States.
- Unless noted otherwise, you must be a U.S. resident to
be considered for Editor World scholarship awards.
- You may apply once for the scholarship award. Any additional paperwork, including additional application forms or essays, shall be rejected.
- Contest participants’ application form submissions must be in English with a valid e-mail address.
- The contest submission period starts on September 1, 2023 EST and ends on December 15, 2023 EST.
- The scholarship recipient will be notified via email in January 2024.
- The scholarship recipient must send a headshot photograph within 10 days of the prize notification which shall be by email.
- Additionally, the scholarship recipient shall be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a General Release and Liability Waiver,
Proof of Pre-Enrollment or Enrollment, and Media Release within 10 days of the prize notification. If the scholarship recipient does not deliver these required items within the specified time period or if the recipient cannot be contacted for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate recipient will be selected.
- By applying for a scholarship, the scholarship recipient grants Editor World permission to post their name, likeness, and description on the company website or in marketing communications in the event they are awarded the scholarship.
- Scholarship proceeds of $500.00 USD will be remitted directly to the scholarship recipient via check and mailed within 4 weeks of notification. The prize is non-transferable. All local, state, and federal taxes imposed on the acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the recipient. The recipient's name, headshot photograph, and essay will be featured in an Editor World press release.
- In order to ensure a fair and equitable selection process, Editor World may retain the services of a third-party scholarship administrator to select and notify scholarship recipients, to verify recipient information, and to remit scholarship proceeds. Editor World and/or its designated third-party scholarship-selection service have sole discretion of selecting scholarship recipients.
- Editor World reserves the right to change the scholarship programs at any time, including available scholarships, deadlines, requirements, terminations, award amounts or other program details.
Editor World 2024 Scholarship for a First-Generation Student Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY : The Editor World 2024 Scholarship for First Generation College Students (each, the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to registered to U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, eighteen (18) years of age or older whose registration for these Sweepstakes does not violate any applicable law or regulation, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and who are currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning (college, university or trade school) located in the United States within four years of the Sweepstakes.
Employees of Editor World (along with its contractors, affiliates, and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Online entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. A potential winner must not have won any other Sponsor contest or sweepstakes in the previous one (1) year period. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR . The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Editor World LLC (“Sponsor”).
4. RANDOM DRAWING/WINNER SELECTION . One (1) winner will be selected via random drawing as soon as practicable at the beginning of each new time period as indicated on the Entry form, among all Entries received and processed during the previous time period (“Winner”). If a Winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected through additional random drawings as many times as necessary. The Sponsor’s decision is final in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. The odds of winning will be determined by the number of entrants into the Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZES . The Winner will receive a cash prize (“Scholarship Prize”) in the amount indicated on the Entry form, in the form of a direct payment to the Winner. ALL EXPENSES, FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES AND COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE NOT SET FORTH IN THESE RULES ARE THE OBLIGATION OF THE WINNER. The awarding of any Scholarship Prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules and subject to Sponsor's verification of Applicant and Applicant's submission. Applicants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if any Winner is found to have violated the Official Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, Scholarship Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. Applicants understand that Sponsor is not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this Scholarship Program and acceptance, possession, and use of Scholarship Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Scholarship Program or in the announcement of the Scholarship Prize. Winners may not transfer or assign any Scholarship Prize and any attempt to do so is void. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION . The potential Winner will be notified by email within 10 days following the drawing. The potential Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Media Release (where permitted), and Proof of Enrollment or Pre-Enrollment form within 10 days of notification attempt or such Scholarship Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining Entries. In the event a potential Winner’s Affidavit/Release Form is returned to the Sponsor as undeliverable or potential a Winner is determined to be ineligible in accordance with these Official Rules, such Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential Winner in a random drawing from among all remaining Entries received. The Winner may be required to supply Sponsor (or Sponsor’s scholarship administrator) with his/her social security number for tax purposes. The potential Winner will not be deemed the Winner until his/her submission of notification materials is verified. The Scholarship Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed. No more than one (1) Scholarship Prize as stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event more Winner notifications are issued, or more Scholarship Prize claims are received than the Scholarship Prize set forth in these Official Rules due to computer, printing, human or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from among all such Entries for the Scholarship Prize at issue (or from among all persons so notified) to award the Scholarship Prize as set forth in these Official Rules. Inclusion in such random drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
A. By entering, you represent that: (i) your entry is your own original work; and (ii) you own or have the rights to convey any and all right and title in any material submitted as part of your entry into the Sweepstakes.
B. Participants hereby grant Editor World a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance, and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant Editor World the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license. Editor World is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants.
C. Winners will be required to execute and return an
Affidavit of Eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a Media Release
within 10 days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may
result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax
liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION : All entries become the property of Editor World. Editor World reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
9. NOT ENDORSED BY SOCIAL MEDIA PROVIDERS: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter or other social media platform (“Social Media Providers”) and release the Social Media Providers from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest.
10. CONDUCT : All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Editor World in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY : By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, directors, officers, and agents from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, possession, use, or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort; Sponsor may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes. Entrants further agree to release Sponsor from any liability resulting from or related to participation in the contest.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION : The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by U.S. law and are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia without regard to its rules on conflicts of law.
13. WINNERS LIST
: The names of the winners may be obtained by sending a
self-addressed stamped envelope to: Editor World LLC, 11815 Fountain Way Ste
300, Newport News, VA 23606.